Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Student work

A couple of weeks ago we visited of St. Olaf College in Northfield MN, where our son had attended.  I always like to check out the art school when we hit a college campus, and was happy to encounter a student show.  Most students, particularly undergrads, are still on the heavy-handed side, with more technique than substance at their disposal, so it can be a bit frustrating for the viewer.  (And probably also for the teacher.)

But here was one that made me laugh out loud.






















Andy Kreienkamp,  Why are you even looking back here?


You had to lift the art to find the signage, hence the title.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, prefer art that makes me laugh out loud.
    But if I had paid St. Olaf tuition for a child to study art, I think I'd not be very impressed with this piece.

    ReplyDelete