Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Quilt National 1 -- Best (place) in show


Quilt National '15 had its opening over the past weekend and I am so pleased to report that my quilt "Entropy" was quite the red carpet star.  No, I didn't win best in show, and my quilt wasn't on the cover of the catalog, but I certainly had the best location in the show -- right above the little dais that's the first thing you see when you walk in the door.

Here's a photo of Kathleen Dawson, executive director of Quilt National, standing in front of my quilt to announce the winners.  (Apologies for the hot spot in the pale sections of the third panel; it's difficult to take photos under the spotlights at the Dairy Barn.)

Sometimes the best in show quilt gets the red carpet spot, but not always.  I have been in four QNs and I am flabbergasted to realize that my quilts have been hung in this prime real estate twice!  This time probably it was because mine is the biggest quilt in the show, and a tiny piece would disappear on the large panels above the dais.

Whatever the reason, I am thrilled with the result!

I'll be writing plenty about the show in the weeks to come; hope you will stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks fabulous. I remember seeing your flag quilt in the same spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is fabulous! One of these days I'll get to the barn to see the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have a great spot, and you outdid yourself with this quilt-it is impressive! Great to see you and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I really like the direction you have taken your fine line work in this piece.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and well deserved - I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art deserves to be hung front and center. Congratulations, yet again, on a brilliant work of art.

    ReplyDelete